Please note: Non-immigrant visas for the United States for citizens and residents of Tonga are processed at the Embassy in Suva, Fiji. Currently, most applicants must travel to Suva for an interview.
The Non-Immigrant Visa Unit at the Embassy in Suva is open for interviews from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm, Monday through Thursday. Every effort is made to accommodate applicants and the flight schedules to and from Tonga.
For further information please contact the Embassy's Consular Section.
You must follow instructions detailed on U.S. Visa Information Services for Fiji.
Please note the following:
- ONLY applicants are allowed to attend the interview. Applicants must arrive at the embassy 30 minutes prior to their initial interview appointment time. A Tongan translator is usually available for interviews.
- All documents must be available at the time of interview. Do NOT send documents directly to the Embassy. Please complete all questions DS-160 application form for a non-immigrant visa and scan a recent photograph size 50mm x 50mm against a clear background for each applicant.
- The fee to process an application for a non-immigrant visa is US$160 and the Fijian dollar equivalent must be paid at a Post Fiji outlet before you can schedule an appointment. Non-immigrant visa processing fees will not be accepted at the Embassy.
- Pay the visa application fee at any Post Fiji for applicants in Fiji or Western Union for applicants from outside Fiji.
- Please do not bring luggage, including backpacks, to your appointment. You will not be able to bring these items into the Embassy, and there is no storage available at our offices.
- Mobile telephones and other telecommunication devices, electronic recording devices, and cameras may not be taken into the Embassy. Please turn them off, and leave them with the guards at the reception area. They can be collected after your appointment.
- Any type of headwear, including baseball caps, must be removed while in the Embassy.
More information to nonimmigrant visa equirements/appointments is available on GSS website.
The Electronic System Travel Authorization (ESTA) applies only to a Visa Waiver Porgram participants.
Visa Fee Increases
Effective November 7, 2011 the FJD equivalent application fee for U.S. Nonimmigrant visas paid at any Post Fiji outlet is FJ$252.00 before an applicant's interview.
Effective February 2011 the Immigrant Visa fee will increase from US$355.00 to US$420.00 per applicant.